Congratulations on the purchase of your new home, and thank you for filing Homestead Online!
It is my pleasure to provide a safe, secure and easy way to file for Homestead on your newly acquired property.
In order to file online, you must have received a Homestead Letter from our office with your individually assigned Control Number and PIN.
You should have received this letter approximately 4 to 6 weeks following your real estate transaction.
If you have not received this letter or have misplaced your Control Number and PIN, you can contact our office at (850) 248-8401 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday, and we will promptly mail you a new one, or Click Here for other options.
Once you have completed the application, please print it and retain it for your records.
Dan Sowell, CFA
Bay County Property Appraiser
1. The property is owned by one of the following:
2. Applicants for the property are jointly applying for a homestead.
3. Applicants are U.S. citizens.
4. Applicants have made the property their permanent residence.
5. Applicants have a Florida driver license or identification card.
6. The property is a site-built home, meaning not a manufactured or mobile home.
7. The applicants are not applying for any exemptions on their homestead other than the homestead exemption at this time.
Applicants with the proper documentation may be eligible for other exemptions in addition to the standard Homestead exemption.
Please refer to the following link on the Florida Department of Revenue website for a complete list:
If you do not have your letter regarding filing Homestead Online and would like one sent, fill out the information below
and submit it to our office, or you can call (850) 248-8401 on Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. We will mail you this
Bay County Property Appraiser • 860 W. 11th Street • Panama City, FL 32401
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday • Phone: (850) 248-8401
© Santa Rosa Property Appraiser